My Tips on Fitting Exercise Into Your Busy Schedule:
- Schedule it - Mark it on your calendar or planner and treat it as an important meeting, not to be missed!
- Wake up earlier - For a lot of people, waking up earlier than normal is a horrible inconvenience.. but it’s also a great way to get a workout in before your day has even officially begun! (Trust me, it’s such an awesome feeling walking out of the gym as all your fellow bleary-eyed gym-goers are just walking in!)
- Keep your workout gear close-by - By keeping a set of workout clothes in your car at all times, you give yourself NO excuse not to hit the gym after school or work. Just swing by the gym on your way home
- No gym? No problem! - Bodyrocktv on Youtube has AWESOME, intense, at-home workouts that you can do for $0 and minimal time! There are also a massive amount of workout DVDs available online.
- Avoid the elevator - You can burn extra calories by skipping modern conveniences. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park far away, not in front of the store, skip the car and take your bike..
- Take breaks - Get up from your desk, stretch and go for a quick walk to the coffee machine or the water fountain. Sitting for long periods of time is unhealthy, so give yourself a break.
- Use time wisely - While you’re waiting for the shower to heat up or your ride to arrive, do jumping jacks, push ups, squats, burpees.. anything you feel like to get your body moving. At least it’s SOMETHING.
- Squeeze it in - Even if you don’t have one giant block of time, you can squeeze in 10 minutes here and there of something like Yoga, Pilates or Tabata style workouts.
- On the phone? Walk! - Don’t sit if you spend a lot of time on the phone. When given the opportunity, walk and talk.
If exercise and health is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse. You’ve only got one body, take care of it! =)
Still the best way to avoid paying a toll